The Midland Metro Alliance was formed in 2016 to transform the West Midlands by delivering the best integrated transport system for the future.
The alliance works hard to be a best practice organisation, delivering stakeholder-focused services as it plans and delivers five Metro extensions across the region for the West Midlands Combined Authority which owns the West Midlands Metro.
Since 2016, the Midland Metro Alliance has been shortlisted as finalists, and indeed won, a number of industry awards, highlighting engineering and technical excellence, innovative design as well as the positive impact the organisation has within the local community.
Aston University Engineering Academy Awards
- Employer Constribution Award 2018: The Midland Metro Alliance
British Construction Industry Awards
- Partnership Initiative of the Year 2018: The Midland Metro Alliance
Construction Excellence Awards – West Midlands
- Integration & Collaborative Working Award 2019: The Midland Metro Alliance – transforming the West Midlands through alliancing and collaboration
- People Development Award 2019
Global Light Rail Awards
- Judge’s Special Prize 2018
- Team of the Year 2017: Midland Metro Alliance Development Team
- Highly Commended – Technical Innovation of the Year 2017: The Midland Metro Alliance Geographical Information System
Institution of Civil Engineer Awards West Midlands Awards
- Large Project Award 2018: Bilston Road Track Replacement Project
- Education and Inspiration Award 2018: Midland Metro Alliance’s Sector Based Skills Academies
- Communications Award 2019: Paradise Circus Queensway Closure
Talent Match Awards West Midlands
- Employer of the Year 2018: The Midland Metro Alliance
As of 2018, the Midland Metro Alliance also holds the following accreditations:
The alliance was proud to be announced as one of the 100 leading organisations in civil engineering. New Civil Engineer recognise the Midland Metro Alliance as one of the 100 UK companies displaying outstanding practices in the industry.
In spring 2018 the Midland Metro Alliance was awarded a Talent Match Mark at Gold Level. This is in recognition of the commitment that the alliance displays in offering work experience and employment opportunities to young people within the West Midlands.
The Midland Metro Alliance has been recognised by the government through completion of their Disability Confident scheme, recognised as a Committed Employer.
In summer 2018, recognising its support of their students and the delivery of a bespoke module in light rail construction, the Midland Metro Alliance was awarded patron status for the West Midlands University Technical College in Wolverhampton which specialises in teaching construction, engineering and build environment skills to young people aged between 14 and 18 throughout the West Midlands.