GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF THE JOB
The Delivery Manager is responsible for the day-to-day management and delivery of projects within the Alliance, in support of the relevant Project Lead. This role includes the coordination and facilitation of all processes. They will have a strong knowledge and background of financial and commercial management of delivery aspects of the project to ensure that the project is taken into tram operation safely, on time and within budget. They will be responsible for resource planning within the project and ensuring the project meets key delivery milestones.
MAIN DUTIES OF THE POST
- Manage the delivery team to successfully plan and deliver EDGE and associated advanced works on time, within budget and required quality, including:
- £2.5m complementary highway measures
- Broad Street Canal Bridge reconstruction
- £30m main scheme works
- Develop and obtaining approval of the construction strategy including required site setups, traffic management, TTROs etc
- Perform tasks on a Best for Project basis in accordance with Alliance principles.
- Ensure all pre-construction surveys, approvals, safe systems of work are in place prior to construction
- Manage and accountable for production of project controls, systems and procedures including but not limited to:
- Project Execution Plans
- Project Quality Plan
- Traffic Management Plans
- Safety Assurance Plans
- Resource Plans
- Testing, Commissioning and Bringing in to use plan
- Programme lookaheads
- Interface management with: external projects, Centenary Square extension, utility diversions
- Temporary Works Coordination
- Early Contractor Involvement design assurance
- Deliver the project in a safe & environmentally responsible manner to time, cost and quality, in accordance with the Alliance Principles.
- Have a strong control on costs against set budgets on all delivery expenditure.
- Manage any changes to work scopes in accordance with Alliance governance procedures ensuring agreement on scope and cost change prior to work commencing
- Maintain a strong working relationship with the WMCA, BCC, and other key stakeholders ensuring they are suitably consulted and informed throughout the project lifecycle.
- Manage change and risks within the project life cycle for allocated schemes, in accordance with the processes set in place by the Alliance, and its individual participants.
- Resource and schedule planning
- Plant, materials and labour procurement
- Construction related degree or equivalent qualification
- White/yellow or black CSCS card
- Membership or working towards membership, of the Institute of Civil Engineers or other professional body. This would be preferred, but is not essential.
Knowledge & Experience
- Background in civil engineering and specifically highway construction
- Knowledge of safety, quality and environmental procedures within the construction industry.
- Knowledge of commercial and financial procedures.
- Extensive experience of Light Rail/Highways construction in city centre locations
- Experience of managing multi-disciplinary project teams
- Experience of delivering within an effective safety culture in a high risk environment
- Experience of project delivery in a matrix or programme or Alliance environment
- Experience of delivering significant improvements in efficiencies/costs in previous roles.