GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF THE JOB
Reporting to the Head of Utilities, the Utilities Coordinator will be required to liaise with Statutory Undertakers and the Alliance Project Teams for the Birmingham Eastside Extension (BEE) and East Birmingham to Solihull (EBS) within each project. They will be responsible for the development of the utilities diversion plan with each Statutory Undertaker, ensuring that all planned works are coordinated to minimise the effect on the highway network and the proposed tram alignment.
MAIN DUTIES OF THE POST
• To assist the Utilities team to achieve delivery of all the specified project outcomes on time and in accordance with project specific requirements.
• Work within complete understanding of all relevant standards, Codes of Practice, Health & Safety Legislation and provide general technical support to other disciplines.
• Maintain good working relationships with Statutory Undertakers, key stakeholder groups, alliance project teams, suppliers and sub-contractors.
• Production of the applications of diversion requests in accordance with NRSWA Appendix C.
• Preparation of utility update reports.
• Organising and updating of utilities records and diversions.
• Arrange and attend meetings with Statutory Undertakers and key stakeholders.
• Bachelors degree or demonstrated equivalent such as a combination of education, skills, knowledge, abilities and experience
• Previous experience of liaising with Statutory Undertakers
• Experienced with AutoCAD packages
• Experience of working within multi-disciplinary projects
• Good knowledge of New roads and Street Works Act 1991