GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF THE JOB
The Quality, Assurance & Systems Manager will ensure aspects of the development, design and delivery processes, both internally and at sub-contractors and supply chain are robust, fit for purpose and meet both external and internal requirements, including legal compliance and customer expectations.
MAIN DUTIES OF THE POST
• Develop an integrated management system (IMS) in line with ISO9001:2015, ISO14001:2015 & OHSAS18001:2007 [ISO45001] & ISO44001.
• Develop business improvement programmes and project management their effective delivery.
• Carry out audits as identified and provide written reports on the findings.
• Deliver strong stakeholder engagement internally with PMO, Safety, Sustainability & Risk teams to minimise duplication of effort in the IMS.
• Produce an Assurance Management Plan (AMP).
• Develop and coordinate delivery of a Risk Based Assurance Programme; manage the outputs from the assurance activities and work with the business to deliver any findings to completion.
• Provide robust Management Information as appropriate to demonstrate performance of the IMS.
• Ensure robust engagement with alliance partner parent company representatives to provide assurance that their risk is being effectively managed.
• Lead interface and coordination with independent assurance functions, such as the Owner, Partner Parent Companies, External Assurance Team, as appropriate.
• To ensure that products and services are fit for purpose and meet both external and internal requirements, including legal compliance, customer expectations and the Programme Alliance Agreement (PAA).
• Seek to continuously improve standards.
• Drive business improvements and process adherence including but not limited to:
• Analyse production processes.
• Identify areas for improvement.
• Expansion of process controls.
• Development of working instructions.
• Set up and review of relevant process key performance indicators (KPIs).
• Data review and trend analysis.
• Investigate internal quality issues, including all returns and non-conformances.
• Ensure all quality issues are correctly logged, monitored and escalated, where appropriate.
• Assist in identifying root causes and provide support to overcome problems.
• Carry out supplier audits as required, including audits of external processes.
• Help to ensure all procedures and management systems are in line with legal and internal customer requirements, including writing and updating of procedures.
• Drive the use of the Integrated Management System, including Quality, Environmental, Health and Safety and Collaborative Relationships.
• Contribute to the preparation and planning for the completion of external and internal audits and assessments. Implement & monitor agreed audit recommendations as directed.
• Educated to Degree/HND/HNC level or equivalent in technical / engineering subjects.
• Lead Auditor qualification
Knowledge, Experience and Key Attributes
• Minimum of 7 years’ experience in design, implementation and management of integrated management systems
• Minimum of 7 years’ experience in an engineering / construction environment
• Minimum CQP CQI / Tech IOSH / PIEMA required
• Strong problem solving skills
• Experience of rail industry advantageous
• Experience of highways projects advantageous
• Experience with using quality tools and techniques
• Experience of working within a joint venture / alliance is advantageous
• Experience of technical authoring * Experience of project managing business improvement programmes
• Able to carry out investigations and produce reports
• Can use Microsoft Office products