GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF THE JOB
To assist in the overall activities of LRSSB and LRSSB projects for members. To assist in the management of the Risk Management, RM3, and Tram Accident and Incident Reporting (TAIR) systems for use by members, and shared learning/best practise dissemination.
Promote UKTram and LRSSB and its work to raise its profile Nationally and Globally by attendance as required at conferences/seminars as required. Work closely with other members of the UKTram and LRSSB management team and employed experts to ensure LRSSB goals are met and projects/workstreams are delivered as required, within budget and to time scales required.
The ARO will develop opportunities to work within UK based tramways and light rail systems. Ensure that all relevant work streams are delivered in a professional and timely manner to the appropriate statutory and business bodies (including ORR and DfT) both in the UK and with associate bodies worldwide.
- Assistant Risk Officer
- To assist in the planning of LRSSB outputs strategy/policy in the short to medium term
- Assist in the management of the Risk Model, RM3 and TAIR systems to ensure full benefit is gained on behalf of members.
- Raise the profile of UKTram/LRSSB, Nationally and internationally, whenever possible.
- Assist and ensure engagement and outputs of LRSSB is delivering the best value and relevant outputs for members.
- Assist in the outputs from workstreams to members and stakeholders working with other UKTram/LRSSB colleagues.
- Coordinate the information source and production of material for the LRSSB web site.
- Provide access to the LRSSB website, TAIR, Risk Management and RM3 systems, via a password accessible members area.
- Develop opportunities to work within other UK based tramways and light rail systems on secondment.
- Attend LRSSB meetings as required.
- Liaise with UKTram and LRSSB staff accordingly.
- Maintain a liaison with ORR (Office of Rail and Road), RAIB (Rail Accident Investigation Branch) and BSI with regard to industry safety and standards matters.
- Help build UK and International branding and reputation of UKTram/LRSSB.
- Present to relevant bodies such as ORR, BSI, and RAIB when required.
- Coordination & Liaison
- Attend industry based seminars, meetings and participate in UK, European and International event forums as required.
- Work with UKTram/LRSSB members and working groups to enhance industry engagement and Best Practice/knowledge transfer and sharing.
- Assist in the development of training material and accreditation of ICP role as required.
- Support safety improvement and risk management, within the light rail industry.
- Assist CEO with compilation of Board Reports and all other formal reports for Executive and member organisations.
- Make presentations to relevant industry sectors on work streams progress and developments
- Assist CEO in ensuring any potential areas for development of new light rail systems, extension opportunities or commercial and promotional possibilities are fully explored.
- An excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office including Word, Access, Excel, Power Point and Outlook.
KEY MEASURES OF PERFORMANCE
- Delivery Function:
- Monitor and participate in UKTram/LRSSB working groups where possible to update and promote work of LRSSB.
- Involvement in UK and International events representing the UK and promoting light rail and UKTram/LRSSB work streams and development.
- Feedback UK and International developments from LRSSB workstreams to members and Board.
- Actively promote LRSSB work and identify possible commercial opportunities in
conjunction with CEO and UK Tram colleagues.
- Support in the production of presentation material for CEO and other LRSSB colleagues.
- Assist other UK Tram colleagues in preparation for joint events such as LRA, Tram Summit, UK Light Rail Conference, etc.
- Membership Engagement
- Take a holistic view of performance and measure engagement, positive attitudes and input from members.
- Ensuring members see the direct impact of their performance and involvement and how this contributes to continuous development of the industry.
- Be passionate about member engagement across the business and promote company initiatives
- Maintain stakeholder and member relationships with LRSSB alongside CEO and other LRSSB/UKTram colleagues.
- Continuous Improvement Culture & Fit for the Future
- Assist in the reporting of performance of LRSSB, particularly with a view to the annual board reviews. Demonstrate value of LRSSB and relationships with members and the perceived value.
- Work with colleagues and other departments to help resolve industry issues where possible and when requested.
- Promote light rail and UKTram/LRSSB’s benefits to the wider world.
- Help ensure company missions and work streams are maintained in relevant working groups.
- Able to be flexible, which will include working away and remote working.
- Demonstrate / Role Model
- Safety conscious
- Member focused
- Team worker
- Essential Skills
- Strong communication skills.
- Meet time commitments and deadlines or negotiates accordingly.
- Able to develop and implement goals and strategies based on broader industry goals.
- A strong interest in the tramway and light rail industry.
- A full driving license is required for the role.
- Desirable Skills
- Safety awareness and understanding through recognised qualifications.
- Personal Skills
- Proactive attitude with a strong level of ownership.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Able to give and receive feedback effectively.
- Able to develop and sustain relationships at all levels.
- Prioritise effectively with enough flexibility to respond to changing needs and requirements.
- Acts on own initiative and able to take a creative, innovative approach as well as work as part of a team.
- Possess a high levels of integrity.
- Strong work ethic including an excellent sickness record and disciplinary record.
- Willingness for ongoing professional development.
- Willingness to travel, plan and co-ordinate meetings.
- Willingness to undertake training relevant to the role e.g. safety training.
- Location and Working arrangements
- Ability to work from home or remotely.
- Willingness to work on secondment, within UK based tramways and light rail systems.
- Be able and willing to work away from home overnight when required.
- Attend the LRSSB office (Birmingham) at least one day per week.
- Holding a valid passport will be a requirement.