GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF THE JOB
The Alignment Engineer is responsible for providing tramway alignment expertise and designs the tram alignment and tram ducts of the MMA network extensions. He is working with CAD technicians who produce the drawings and checks them. He looks for the best alignment of tram combining best speed, good urban integration, suitable to highways, drainage and traffic management constraints.
MAIN DUTIES OF THE POST
• Deliver tramway track planimetry, altimetry and longitudinal profile;
• Write technical reports and design criteria;
• Interface with the Rolling stock specialists do define the constraints of rolling stock on alignment.
• Participate to the set up and implementation of the interface managements process and procedures;
• Management (including editing, conflict resolution, traceability, verbal analysis, …);
• Asset management;
• Check interfaces with other disciplines (Urban Realm, Highway, Drainage OLE, trackform…);
• Participate to the development of the BIM strategy;
• Deliver 3D alignment and duct models in 3D, and
• Perform and / or manage the supervision works in accordance with the contractual and technical specifications and tramway requirements.
• Understands and knows the ORR regulations especially the RSP2 design criteria.
• Civil Engineer
Knowledge, Experience and Key Attributes
• 10 years of experience, in design, construction of urban development and transport projects (tramway)
• Have a good overall “tramway” vision and culture.