To work as directed by the Midland Metro Alliance to support all areas of the business, but specifically within Business Support Team. The post holder will be responsible for timely delivery of all tasks and to ensure these are delivered within the agreed format.
Providing a main reception service, meeting and greeting visitors to any of the Alliance partners, answering the telephone and putting calls through to the appropriate person/department whilst communicating accurate messages.
Maintaining a welcoming office environment through maintaining displays, notice boards and all facilities supplies and tidying meeting rooms ensuring they are ready for use.
The role requires flexibility, dedication and commitment. To provide an effective and efficient administration service to the teams.
- Answer telephone in a professional manner and respond to callers and visitors, dealing with queries where appropriate or transferring or taking messages on behalf of the Business Support team. Contacting colleagues by telephone or email as required.
- Providing cover / assistance to the Senior Administrator within a range of office management responsibilities– booking meeting rooms, preparing meeting documents and processing travel requests for Alliance members.
- Maintain all competences and attend any training as directed by the Alliance, you may be required to perform other duties outside of this role from time to time at the discretion of the Alliance. Building excellent rapport and working relationships with all staff and external stakeholders.
- Take reasonable care for the health and safety of self and others who may be affected by acts or omissions related to your work. Co-operate fully with the management of the Alliance with regard to any duty or requirement imposed on them by the relevant Health and Safety legislation to allow that duty or requirement to be carried out or complied with.
- Where required, support all other areas of the company in the form of administration or team support functions or as directed by the business
- Order stationery and lunches as and when required.
- Consider Alliance principles at all times – behave in a manner which is best for the Alliance and feel comfortable challenging when necessary
- Attend college and any other training as required.
- Work within a team environment, prioritising and managing own workload
- Approachable and proactive with the ability to manage a demanding workload
- Must be fully competent in the use of Excel, Word, Internet and email.
- Ability to plan own diary
- Successfully worked within customer facing role
- Administration experience
- Experience working to time critical deadlines
- Able to engage and share information with a busy team