GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF THE JOB
The Assistant BIM manager will be working alongside the BIM manager in order to build up the BIM model in accordance with BS1192.
MAIN DUTIES OF THE POST
• Collect all the files produced by the different technicians in the different disciplines and check that they are compliant with BIM level 2 standard.
• Create presentations of the model, update them on a regular basis, build it up and circulates the information inside the Alliance.
• Be responsible for an integrated digital process providing coordinated, reliable information about the project throughout all phases, from design through construction and into operation.
• Assist the BIM manager with the set up of the BIM project by setting goals for the project’s BIM workflow and BIM management plan.
• Coordination of the model will include:
- Consistently chuckling the process to ensure it all works together.
- Check the kind of models we are using are correct
- Ensuring they all fit together
- Maintain a collection of models from different sources
- Make sure the information in interoperable and up to date
• Be responsible for the clash detection, quality check-ups, quantity take-offs and data conversion.
• Use the BIM model to conduct clash detection and Interdisciplinary checks (IDC).
• Attend all the IDC meetings with the Interface Design Manager.
• Work closely with the Project Planner and the Primavera P6 package to create a creative virtual build of the 3D model.
• Drive the connection of BIM to the onsite activities through the delivery team.
• Be responsible for building a model during the design and construction period that reflects the needs of the WMCA and the operator’s asset management plans.
• BIM level 2
Knowledge, Experience and Key Attributes
• Knowledge of specific software in order to build a 3D model. o
- Civil 3D, autocad 3D, autocad Revit
• Must have an in depth working knowledge of current BIM versions
• Anility to use time productively and meet challenging goals
• Must be a self-starter and possess the drive to pursue continued learning on BIM
• Possess the ability to work well as part of a team and independently
• Must possess and maintain an exceptional work ethic as well as upload company values