General Description of the Job
The finance and commercial team provide the commercial and finance functions to support Alliance.
This includes finance, commercial, contract & legal matters and budget control and reporting.
The Commercial apprentice will provide cost administration activities to support projects and the commercial team within the Alliance.
We are looking to develop individuals for our longer term project stream, essentially to support our quantity surveying function and would welcome applicants with an interest in this area or are looking for their first career challenge in this sector.
We are encouraging experienced finance or commercial persons, and school leavers or graduates to apply as full training and development will be provided with the role.
This will involve working at our Birmingham City Centre Office working initially on our Centenary Square extension project.
- Cost control function - processing Goods Received Notes
- Ensure cost returns are completed for labour, plant and materials
- Recording of labour, plant, material and subcontract costs
- Maintaining site cost records, GRN's, plant tickets etc
- Analysing, resolving invoice and payment queries
- Cost control and administration
- Maintenance of the Contract Database
- Responsible for collating and recording time sheets from Midland Metro Alliance Organisations.
- Input into Alliance Earned Value Management System
- Finance or construction commercial management, advantageous but not essential as full training will be provided.
Knowledge & Experience
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft excel