GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF THE JOB
You will support and administer activities with departments and customers within a commercial business function.
The role will involve working closely with the commercial Director/Manager reviewing financial statements and cross-referencing large value financial payment allocations.
This Full-Time position is your opportunity to take your financial and analytical skills to the next level by running reports and review for any discrepancies or inaccuracies and investigate if necessary.
MAIN DUTIES OF THE POST
- Purchase Ledger: To manage /process the purchase ledger payments
- Paying suppliers adhering to strict deadlines and ensuring that all appropriate authorisations are in place.
- Analysing and resolving invoices and payment queries with suppliers and sub-contractors.
- Accurate coding and recording into the general ledger system to ensure that the costs are allocated to the respective MMA projects
- Sub-Contractor ledger : Process all sub-contracting supplier payments and reconciliation of supplier statements
- Plant Ledger: ensuring that plant invoices are processed appropriately for projects
- Maintenance of the sub contract monthly hours register
- System administrator for an inhouse time recording system.
- Responsibility for collating and recording time sheets from all organisations, reporting and exporting data as and when required, responsible for creation of new codes and closing out cost centres when not required.
- Adding and removing users in a database in a timely manner to ensure that it accurately represents the actual position.
- Creating monthly billing report for Project Leads.
- Weekly/Daily research of billing applications and invoice analysis
- Monitor email and phone calls; proactively respond to and/or coordinate issues when possible
- Daily interaction with all Functional Teams
- Integrating invoicing and insurance claims with relevant 3rd party end users
- Monitor client invoices to ensure expected invoices are received and loaded monthly [track, order, and obtain missing invoices]
- Allocate charges to client’s cost centres, projects and departments
- Ability to work proficiently and calmly under pressure situations
- Other duties as assigned to support the team in the administrative function
- Provide dedicated administrative support in a professional, confidential and organised manner
- Proficiency in using a variety of software packages such as Microsoft Word, Outlook. Intermediary knowledge of Excel with knowing how to use Pivot tables and V look up tables. This should be supplemented by having excellent analytical skills.
- Able to demonstrate a proven track record of working in a commercial business function