The finance and commercial team provide the commercial and finance functions to support Alliance.
This includes finance, commercial, contract/legal matters and budget control and reporting.
The Cost Engineer will provide cost administration and commercial support to our Westside Extension delivery team.
MAIN DUTIES OF THE POST
• Cost control function – processing Goods Received Notes (GRNS)
• Recording of labour / plant / material and subcontract costs including site returns
• Maintaining site cost records, GRN’s, plant tickets etc
• Analysing / resolving invoice/ payment queries
• Support the Senior Quantity Surveyor with Valuation and Measurement of site progress
• Monitoring of labour and plant utilisation/productivity
• Supporting commercial manager with production of commercial reporting
• Assistance with the procurement of Sub-Contractors from enquiry stage to final account
• Supporting the Senior Quantity Surveyor with the pricing of Variations
• Cost control and administration
• Responsible for collating and recording time sheets from Midland Metro Alliance Organisations.
• Input into Alliance Earned Value Management System
• Monitoring of site expenditure, for labour, plant, materials and subcontractors
• A Business, finance or construction commercial qualification (such as quantity surveying or commercial management) preferred
• Working in a finance or commercial function within the engineering or construction sector
• Knowledge of finance systems
• Cost and budget administration
• Financial and commercial reporting
• Good working knowledge of Microsoft excel