The role of the Health & Safety Advisor for the Alliance is to provide motivation and drive, reinforcing the concept that safety is key to everything we do, providing professional OHS advice and assistance in a positive and energetic manner. The role is primarily project based on site in Birmingham/Wolverhampton.
- Oversee OSH activities on behalf of the Head of Health & Safety & Wellbeing to ensure the MMA complies with all OHS Legislation & Alliance Partner requirements.
- Monitor OHS performance and effectiveness for projects allocated to you, ensure audit plans / targets are achieved. Undertake OHS inspections when required and co-ordinate thorough investigations into incidents and accidents
- To be responsible for data management including supporting admin to maintain a monitoring system that captures and reports workplace Health, Safety & Wellbeing progress & KPI data.
- To assist with the overall development of the service including liaison with partners and supporting in workplace health needs.
- To assess support requirements for Alliance, ensuring that the right level of support Is offered to all organisations and providing workshops, seminars and training according to need.
- To deliver advisory service to the Alliance including the use of survey tools to assess health related needs of staff.
- To co-ordinate the delivery of training to managers, human resource staff, occupational health staff and other identified workplace staff on health and work issues.
- To support policy/facilitate development and provide model policies on health related issues in the workplace providing workshops, seminars and training according to need.
- To co-ordinate training and awareness raising interventions to ensure workplaces are aware of healthy lifestyle advice services available to their workplace.
- To co-ordinate delivery of package of mental health and wellbeing support on behalf of the Alliance.
- To manage and develop a health at work plan for the Alliance.
- To co-ordinate networking and celebration events as required.
- To conduct personal, venue and activity risk assessments as required.
- To collate and present verbal and written reports when required both internally and externally.
- To contribute to the development of systems and procedures, and the whole team approach in meeting quality and performance targets.
- To assist with marketing and promotion activities, including supporting events and publicity campaigns.
- NEBOSH Certificate/Diploma in a relevant discipline, or equivalent
- Chartered Member / Grad IOSH of the Institute of Occupational Safety & Health or working towards.
Knowledge & Experience
- Demonstrable experience in operational administration roles including experience of working with external providers and key stakeholders
- Demonstrate an interest in Wellbeing both personally and in a corporate environment, with experience in this area preferred
- Highly developed organisational and communication skills
- Computer literate and highly proficient in use of Office applications: Excel, Word, Visio and PowerPoint
- Good interpersonal skills
- Behavioural / Collaboration knowledge
- A knowledge of the industry
- Light Rail, rail or highway multi-disciplinary delivery experience
- Strong experience of working in a customer led environment