GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF THE JOB
The BIM coordinator is to spend their time administering the BIM process. They will need to remain informed on the best practices. And will be responsible for making the Midland Metro Alliance of each BIM local 2 in accordance with the BS 1192.
MAIN DUTIES OF THE POST
Create presentations of the model, update them on a regular basis, build it up and circulates the information inside the Alliance.
• Propose a BIM Impendent plan with interventions for the MMA schedule
• Be coordinate the digital process providing coordinated, reliable information about the project throughout all phases, from design through construction and into operation.
• Administration of the BIM project by setting goals for the project’s BIM workflow and BIM management plan.
• Make sure all projects are using the same best practice.
• Be responsible for the clash detection, quality check-ups, quantity take-offs and data conversion.
• Attend meetings with the Interface Design Manager.
• Work closely with the Project Planner and the Primavera P6 package to create a creative virtual build of the 3D model.
• Drive the connection of BIM to the onsite activities through the delivery team.
• Be responsible for building a 3D model during the design and construction period that reflects the needs of the WMCA and the operator’s asset management plans.
• 5 + years production experience in design, drafting or engineering
• BIM level 2
Knowledge, Experience and Key Attributes
• Knowledge of specific software in order to build a 3D model. Civil 3D, autocad 3D, autocad Revit
• Must have an in depth working knowledge of current BIM versions
• Ability to use time productively and meet challenging goals
• Must be a self-starter and possess the drive to pursue continued learning on BIM
• Possess the ability to work well as part of a team and independently
• Must possess and maintain an exceptional work ethic as well as upload company values