GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF THE JOB
The Interface Engineer is responsible of the interface management of one project (several schemes) and assists the Design Integration manager sits in the Engineering team for the cross disciplines checks at preliminary design stage but mainly at detailed design stage and will ensure that clashes are avoided and that the tasks are perfectly defined between disciplines. He will follow these tasks through the delivery phase and ensure that they are correctly handed over.
MAIN DUTIES OF THE POST
• Coordinate interdisciplinary design influences both technically and for resources.
• Development of internal processes and practices in support of project development across all disciplines (e.g. Matrix, Interface sheets,…).
• Assisting Stakeholders, Engineering and Project Management in understanding the project development and Requirements Management, Systems Integration and Interface Management Engineering effort so that they can better understand and forecast the scope of their projected activities;
• Assist in the development of internal practices in support of Requirements Management and Systems Integration across all disciplines.
• Lesson learned at the end of design stage
• Procurement packages at the end of delivery phase
• Engineer Degree
• International Experience
• Excellent oral and written English language
• Qualified professional working under limited supervision capable of performing general technical works and manages projects or tasks of moderate complexity * BIM and/or GIS experience an asset
• Flow chart preparation
• Interface matrix, interface management plan, interface sheets preparation
• Interface sheets and matrix follow up
• Coordination of interface meetings
• Coordination of interface actions
Knowledge, Experience and Key Attributes
• Junior engineer or an experienced technician, with good knowlege and practice of AutoCAD 2D-3D + Revit (or equivalent) in Rail Design.
• Pack Office skills
• Actif, strong ability to listen, understand, analyse and communicate
• Serious, good in writing, synthesis spirit with meeting coordination capability
• Strong English language skills (oral and writing)