GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF THE JOB
To work as directed by the Midland Metro Alliance to support all areas of the business, but specifically within WBHE Project. The post holder will be responsible for timely delivery of all tasks and to ensure these are delivered within the agreed format.
Taking a lead role in setting and maintaining the standards to Technical Reports. Production of Reports on time and to exceptional quality relevant to the targeted audience in good English and good structure, including producing areas of technical and non-technical input.
At times to also support the wider administration team working on reception as required, meeting / greeting visitors to any of the Alliance partners, professionally answering the telephone and putting calls through to the correct person or taking and communicating accurate messages. Setting up meeting rooms for presentations, ensuring refreshments, projectors etc. are available where required. Arranging and coordinating travel and accommodation.
The role requires flexibility, dedication and commitment. To provide an effective and efficient administration service to the teams, inputting data into in-house, supplier, industry accreditation systems and excel spreadsheets.
MAIN DUTIES OF THE POST
• Taking a lead role in setting and maintaining the standards to Technical Reports. Production of Reports on time and to exceptional quality relevant to the targeted audience in good English and good structure, including producing areas of technical and non-technical input.
• Managing room booking diaries, organising and booking rooms for training courses, presentations and meetings etc.
• Produce reports, submissions and excel databases.
• Maintain all competences and attend any training as directed by the Alliance, you may be required to perform other duties outside of this role from time to time at the discretion of the Alliance.
• Take reasonable care for the health and safety of self and others who may be affected by acts or omissions related to your work. Co-operate fully with the management of the Alliance with regard to any duty or requirement imposed on them by the relevant Health and Safety legislation to allow that duty or requirement to be carried out or complied with.
• Liaise with other areas of the Alliance to produce Technical and non-technical documentation.
• Arrange refreshments for meetings, order lunches etc. as required
- Work within a team environment, prioritising and managing own workload
- Must be fully competent in the use of Excel, Word, Internet and email.
- Ability to plan own diary
- Successfully worked within customer facing role
- Experience working to time critical deadlines